How we can support you
We support change agents through thought partnership, facilitation, and strategy; evaluation capacity building; and collaborative and participatory evaluation.
Facilitation, and Strategy
Through our work together—in response to what we learn through reflection, learning, and evaluation—we will prioritize dialogue and facilitation strategies that help you think intentionally and act strategically in service of the change you are trying to create.
- Probing to uncover the assumptions that undergird your practice
- Challenging how you think about and solve problems
- Sharing alternative ways of thinking about issues and change strategies
- Asking you powerful questions and holding space for critical reflection and dialogue
- Working with you to interrogate the ways in which you support and disrupt systems of oppression
Evaluation Capacity Building
We offer evaluation capacity building throughout evaluations and as a discrete service. We can provide one-on-one coaching, group training and workshops, and technical assistance on a range of topics including:
- Designing and executing evaluation and learning activities, and why your worldview matters
- Collaborative, participatory, and transformative approaches to learning and evaluation
- Innovative approaches to qualitative data collection and analysis
- Team-based approaches to and considerations during qualitative data collection and analysis
- Qualitative data analysis software, including database development and management
We work with you to design and execute evaluations from start to finish, and are careful to tailor the level of participation to your capacity and needs. We love:
- Evaluation planning and design: Evaluation learning agendas, recruitment planning, theory of change, program maps, logic models, evaluation advisory committees
- Data collection: Interviews, focus groups, World Cafes, journaling, participant observations, surveys, Before and After Action Reviews, and other participatory methods
- Data analysis: Codebook development, grounded theory, thematic analysis, and inductive and deductive coding
- Sensemaking, reporting, and dissemination: Sensemaking sessions, written reports, blogs, presentations, and publications
What you can expect working with us
Not Shying Away From the Hard Questions
We believe that we cannot support change agents in dismantling systems of oppression without interrogating the ways in which capitalism and white supremacy shape all social institutions, including evaluations. We are committed to continuously learning from and with others and engaging in direct action in the ways available to us to challenge the status quo within evaluations and our society more broadly.
Expect the Unexpected
Our training in anthropology and ethnography means that we are very comfortable with complexity and patient in the face of uncertainty — in large part due to the fact that in ethnography the questions that guide the work change once you enter the field, gain a deeper understanding of the context, and learn first hand from community members what matter to them. If new insights and unexpected events mean that our learning evaluation agenda is no longer relevant or working, Coactive Change will recommend pivots and revisions—and be open to your suggestions for changes—to ensure that the evaluation is useful and relevant.
We are committed to lifelong learning, self-reflection, and self-critique. We continuously seek out different perspectives and do so by creating opportunities to learn from and with you and your communities. We achieve this through reflective listening and dialogue to ensure that our work together centers your knowledge and experience.